THE TIGER'S BRIDE
Part circus theater, part haunted house, and fully immersive, The Tiger's Bride brings you, the guest, to the wedding night of Giles de Rais, aka "Bluebeard." What lies within his mansion is up to you to explore and discover.
Each performance of The Tiger's Bride welcomes 40 guests to explore Monsieur de Rais' Manhattan mansion - a four-story immersive space - while helping the new bride unlock his secrets and being entertained by his mysterious staff.
Created by Theatre Uzume and developed at the 2024 Artist in Residence program at Nancy Manocherian's the cell theatre, The Tiger's Bride illuminates classic fairy tales through the eyes of maligned protagonists as they rewrite their own stories, dragging our darkest desires into the light.
Theatre Uzume was founded at the New School for Drama in 2014 by Suzanne Karpinski. It is a platform for emerging artists to work collaboratively on the development of multidisciplinary and immersive performance.
Theatre Uzume works on a project by project basis.
Please familiarize yourself with the following information as you prepare to experience The Tiger's Bride:
• The Tiger's Bride lasts 90 minutes without intermission.
• The Tiger's Bride is an experiential performance that involves standing, walking, and climbing stairs.
• At each performance we can welcome a limited number of guests who use wheelchairs or have difficulty climbing stairs. Please notify us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can ensure you enjoy a seamless visit.
• The immersive format of the show makes it impossible to admit arrivals more than 10 minutes late.
• Please expect to be separated from others in your group for some or all of the performance, as well as to be alone at times.
• We have a free coat and bag check for the safety of performers and other guests.
• You will be offered beverages during the show. If you have any allergies, please use discretion or decline food and drinks when offered.
• We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who appears intoxicated as well as to remove any audience member due to inappropriate or disruptive behavior.
The Tigers Bride is created by Theatre Uzume, a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas. Your donation helps support our artists, and allows us to continue making immersive experiences for our community.